Sunday, April 5, 2009

Halloween Tales

Halloween was coming up when we did this activity. I found some story starters online and had the girls write a short story based on that first line. The girls got really creative; some of the stories were the scary sort and some were pretty silly and funny.
I compiled all the stories and put them together with some Halloween themed pictures in a word document. I took one copy to Kinko's and printed out a book for each girl. The girls were really excited to get a book with their own story as well as their friends' stories all together.

Some starter examples:

As I carefully entered the haunted house, the door shut behind me and...
It was a cold Halloween night when...
The black cat started to hiss when...
The large cauldron of purple liquid started to boil when...
The mad scientist was creating a new monster that...
Something in the closet was making a strange noise so I opened the door and...
On October 31st, I was carving a pumpkin when...
The Halloween pumpkin slowly transformed into...

No comments: